RW Design is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information we collect, use, manage and disclose
while performing our business activities as an Architectural Practice.
This is achieved by complying with the Information Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act 2020 and its
The information we collect includes:
- Contact information including telephone numbers, email addresses and physical address
- Site specific information
- Time and date of visits to our office
- Employment information for prospective applicants seeking employment and existing employees.
Disclosure of personal information
Personal information will only be shared during the performance of our business activities.
We may disclose personal information to:
- Our Employees
- External Consultants with whom we have a relationship with including Fire Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geotech Engineers, Drainage Engineers, etc
- Regulatory authorities
- Other organisations for authorised purpose with your express consent
Our business activities include:
- Providing architectural services
- Responding to enquires
- Communicating with industry consultants and partners on your behalf
- Internal business and administrative processing and planning requirements
- Maintaining the content of our website, newsletters, and other marketing activities
- Staff management
- For any other purposes permitted under an agreement with you, with your permission.
Source of personal information:
Personal information is usually collected directly from the individual concerned through:
- Verbal communications
- Any other publicly available source.
We do not collect personal data, including name, IP address, location etc, when you access our website unless you contact us through the website providing the information.
Security, Storage & Disposal
We maintain strict security protocols to protect your information. This is achieved through:
- Staff education on privacy obligations
- Technical controls including fire walls, encryption, and antivirus software
- Administration security controls measures including access restrictions and security screens
- Regularly monitoring and review of protocols and processes.
While we take every precaution to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of transmissions via the internet (including email).
Much of our information is stored on the Cloud. Our service provider allows us to request a deep archive for personal information on request.
All hard copy documents are securely destroyed after seven years.
Please note - Consented documentation is held and is publicly available from Council.
Accessing or correcting information
You may request access to your personal information held by us by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be responded to within 20 working days, usually sooner.
RW Design will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date. It is your responsibility to advise us of any changes to the information held.
Process to making changes to this policy
The date of the policy update is indicated below. We encourage you to periodically review this Policy to be informed about how we are protecting your information.
This Policy was updated March 2021